GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:58:31 EST
In a message dated 11/2/00 7:56:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< However much you wiggle you cannot divert us from the crux of the matter
at issue. Quoting the Prophet and calling Ghaddafi names cannot take away the
fact that it is ARABS who lynched Black Africans! >>
*******************************
Amadou,

Let me ask you these questions. How exactly did you arrive at labelling me a
defender of Arab racism anywhere? Just because I try to be  a good muslim?
What does that have to do with me and Arab racism? From what you have come to
know of me in my contributions here on the L, can you honestly say that i am
someone who will defend racism or any form of injustice? Where did this
accusation come from and what is it based on?
I told you that your ignorance about Islam is showing because if you think
that it is a religion where one supports any form of injustice, that is proof
that you know nothing about what you are condemning.

I think your bias against Islam is clouding your judgement so that you attack
anyone who even remotely identifies themselves with the religion. That is
very bizarre indeed. Please show me where I have defended or condoned Arab
racism. Quote it for me if you will.
Rather, all i did was condemn the injustice that Israelis are levelling at
Palestinians, and the fact that Libyans are killing Black Africans, or Yaya
Jammeh's pillaging of our country
.I would condemn such actions  no matter who is doing it, or who it is
directed at, and that is pretty clear to anyone who has seen the positions i
have taken here on this forum, no matter how much you try to label me
something that i am not, and whatever your motivation  for that may be.
However, I see that you and others here on the L seem to have tunnel vision,
and display a simple mindedness that is beyond belief. It appears that if one
happens to condemn e.g injustice in Palestine, then one better mention all
injustice going on in the World in that particular post otherwise, it is
automatically assumed that you condone the ones you failed to mention. How
warped, narrow and simplistic a view is that? Wow, I think you and anyone who
thinks that way need to step back just a bit, and re-examine what you are
saying. I am hoping that there is some objectivity and common sense there
somewhere.
If Khaddafi is your hero, defend him by all means, but I do not have to share
that view, nor do you have to use the occasion to label me something  it is
very evident I am not.

Jabou Joh