GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:32:48 -0700
FJC:

   Where in the world did Aunty Jabou sling insults at you? Not from what I
read here! All she said is simply that your expulsion from the GPU is
justified. This is absolutely true. I mean, who in their right mind would
wanna have the likes of yourself in their midst? Ehh! You know, if the truth
hurts so bad to the extent where it is taken as insults, so be it. I think
Aunty Jabou wasn't harsh at all with you. It's a shame that you've become
such an unscrupulous person/"journalist" just to have a place within
Jammeh's State House. I know you'll do anything to be close to this guy,
"even a cleaner", to quote you. Stay away, Lady!

Ous Ngum

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:25:13 +0100, The Gambia and related-issues mailing
list wrote:

>  Sister Jabou,
>  Thanks very much for the insults.
>  Bye Sister FJC.
>
>  Jabou Joh wrote:
>
>  > In a message dated 8/10/2001 5:57:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
>  > [log in to unmask] writes:
>  >
>  > > "Your recent unwarranted attack on the private media, to the extent
of
>  > > describing them as troublemakers bent on destablishing this regime
deserves
>  > >
>  >
>  > Well, I do not know what the criterion for being a member in good
standing of
>  > the Press Union is, but I would venture to guess that journalistic
integrity,
>  > which also includes the truthful reporting of the facts, and keeping
the
>  > public informed in an unbiased manner  about all things, especially
that
>  > which pertains to their civil  and constitutional rights, and
refraining from
>  > defending murderous regimes must surely be some of the objectives that
anyone
>  > who calls themselves a journalist must abode by. Fatoumatta Jahumpa
Ceesay
>  > has not only violated all of these ethics of journalism, but she has
>  > established herself as a collabrator, defender and advocate for those
whose
>  > main aim is to lie and also attempt to rationalize things that one
cannot
>  > humanly attempt to rationalize.Her actions have been the opposite of
what the
>  > actions of  a true journalist should be. I think the Press Union
actually
>  > wasted a lot of time in coming to this decision. It is way overdue.
>  >
>  > Jabou Joh
>  >
>  >
>  > if you have problems accessing the web interface and remember to write
your full name and e-mail address.