GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 07:52:02 EDT
In a message dated 20/06/00 12:15:14 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< I have not misread Mr. Sanneh's postings.  I still maintain that he cannot
 have it both ways.  The African Development Bank is a failure.  In answering
 your question, I have read the mission statement of the bank and it has
 failed immensely.  A failed strategy should be revisited and revamped. >>

Indeed! You must be very great to notice this supposed failure whilst some of
it's bitterest critics give it's due and call it the most successful Pan
African enterprise on the continent. Perhaps you would be most courteous in
providing succinct analysis and not the crude simplistic one you gave before
as to how AfDB has failed. I'm very interested in reading your take on that.
On Mr Sanneh's conflicting dilemma over the constraints his public has
imposed on his private sphere, as I said to you, you don't live it every day
so you can say anything. I'm sure those online who have an ingenious way of
reading into reality do see my point. Again I assert that Mr Sanneh is an
honourable, conscientious, selfless, gentleman sui generis and above all
shares our love for Africa and the Gambia in particular. He is in his
constrained way doing what fate has pushed in his direction in the upliftment
of the modern African conscience. I say this without any fear of exaggeration.
Glad this is a settled matter and we can move on to other important matters
that deserve our attention.
Respectfully,
Hamjatta Kanteh

hkanteh