GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:58:58 -0400
Gabriel Roberts is really playing with fire. This is the most despicable
Gambian on earth. Worse than Yaya if you ask me. Roberts should have a
better sense of good and evil than Yaya. This man is ready to plunge our
nation into civil war because he does NOT have the guts to stand up and do
what is right. I CANNOT believe to what lengths the vermin will go to
protect a child murderer. What is Gabriel Roberts prepared to do to steal
the elections for Yaya? Is this man ready to die for Yaya (a child
murderer)?

Knowing full well that the APRC (as we speak) are training thugs to ambush
ballot boxes, Gabriel Roberts is trying yet again to make it easier for the
low-lives to steal the elections. Instead of counting the votes on the spot,
Roberts decreed that there would be 42 counting centers at various
constituencies. Upon realizing that this gimmick was still NOT going to help
his boss (Yaya), Roberts is now reducing the ‘counting centers’ to 18. He
figures that it would be easier to tamper with the ballots if they are being
moved to 18 centers rather than 42 centers. And Roberts gives no logical
explanation for this criminal and unpatriotic behavior. He is simply putting
his personal interests and that of Yaya in front of the Gambian people.
Gabriel Roberts is frantically trying to thwart the will of the Gambian
people.

When he went against HIS WORD he gave to the different Parties that there
would be counting on the spot on election day, I cried foul. The man is a
coward and a pathological liar. He promised the Parties that there would be
counting on the spot. When Yaya and his cohorts confronted him and told him
that they will NOT be able to steal ballots if there is counting on the
spot, Roberts made a drastic U-turn from his earlier promise. Without rhyme
or rhythm, the vermin DECREED that there would be only 42 counting centers.
Now the man is going to 18. As it becomes more and more evident that the
Gambian people have REPUDIATED Yaya, Gabriel Roberts will reduce the
counting centers further or try other gimmicks to steal the election for his
boss.

As I counseled the Opposition when the vermin VETOED the on-the-spot
counting, I respectfully counsel our leaders on the ground to stand firm
against this Philistine (Gabriel Roberts). We MUST NOT let Gabriel Roberts
help Yaya steal this election. The man has to be taken to task. All this
talk about funding of counting center personnel is just a smokescreen (poor
excuses from the low-life). Where is APRC getting all those new vehicles for
their campaigns and the hundreds of thousands of dalasis Yaya is using to
induce people to vote for him? The money to fund the elections was budgeted
for long time ago in Famara Jatta’s budget; or so they told the
international community. All of a sudden, Gabriel Roberts wants to tell us
that he CANNOT oversee a TRANSPARENT election because there is no money.
What is going to happen next? Is the vermin going to unilaterally postpone
the elections?

Gabriel Roberts has less power than he thinks. People should come out in
their tens of thousands in Banjul and the environs to show Gabriel Roberts
that we will NOT allow him to steal the elections. The only reason Darboe is
running now is because Gabriel Roberts and Yaya saw the thousands of people
that accompanied Darboe on nomination day and the vermin know that Gambians
are no longer prepared to let Yaya hold them hostage. This is another ploy
by Gabriel Roberts. He is merely testing the waters. He tried 42 centers.
When he realized that he could get away with that, he decreed 18 centers.
The bottom-line is that the Opposition should be 100% certain that this
election will NOT be stolen. The Opposition has to be absolutely sure that
the ballots are NOT tampered with as they are moved from polling stations to
counting centers. I hope the people realize that the less counting centers
we have, the more ballots we have to move from point to point. Dare I ask
who is supervising the transportation of these ballots? What will happen if
the ballot convoys are ambushed by APRC thugs? Vermin like Roberts are so
paralyzed with fear that he CANNOT think straight. Do NOT negotiate with
him. The man CANNOT keep his word. Yaya is playing him like a yo-yo. This
election is the ONLY chance the country has to effect a peaceful change in
the country. We must NOT let vermin like Gabriel Roberts plunge the country
into civil war.
KB