GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ndey Jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 08:42:59 PST
I believe if this is true, we can now see how confused our president is within
this short period of his presidnecy he has managed to change wives as if he is
changing shocks. This shows how confused our President is  if he thinks that
he can change wives as if he is changing his shocks then we are in trouble.
Wow if anyone think that the personal is not political am holding a different
position here that the personal is political as far as one is a public figure.
If the President cannot sort out his personal life then how can he deal with
the lives of the Gambian people. I believe that our public officers has to
straighten up their lives, we cannot close our eyes to these things they are
as important as other things.

Am glad that people are already getting into the cost of these ceremonies and
of course we cannot fool ourselves that it is not the public money that is
being used in these ceremonies. Just reflect on the state house budget and
other expenses Jammeh as a head of state is demanding.

Well, am wishing the Gambian people all the best and god save us from the
AFPRC.

NB:
Meanwhile it is bad that i have limited access to the internet, cause am in
Denmark now. I hope to get back to Olso before the New years. I just had
access from momodou camara.

The Struggle Continues!!!
Ndey Jobarteh

saul khan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Ousman,

I don't feel comfortable talking about the man's private life, but I could
not believe the story of Mr. President going a third round. I had to read it
two times. Considering the lavish public celebration (killing 35 cows and
all,) that he threw less than two months ago for No. 2, I'm totally baffled.
Reminds me of the line about "young men's love being in their eyes, not
their hearts." (Shakespear.) Only this young man is chief executive! But
even presidents are entitled to their privacy -as long as public money is
not used to sponsor their shenanigans.

Those of us who have been married for a while know the amount of sacrifice
involved in marriage. There's simply a lot of give-and-take. It's not easy
living with ANY woman. I'm sure the ladies will have the exact opposite
view. (My wife will kill me if she reads this one, anyway.) But if Mr.
President "runs" his wives the way he runs the country, I'm not surprise
things fall apart so soon.

Sintet, the new Lady's home town used to be one of my Foni Hang Outs. So, I
wonder if we've ever crossed paths. I'm dying to know the name!

Saul.