GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:24:46 +0200
  Sister Jabou,

  For obvious reasons of principles (earlier stated) I would limit my
response to the following:

  On Saturday, december 1, 2001, in a rejoinder to one Sister Mariatou and
Brother Yahya on Gambia-L, and in support of their view on the election
results, I asked the following question:

  "...But in the mean time, here is my 1000 dalasi question? Yes, I too do
not
  entirely agree with PDOIS economic thinking yet I am confident that it was
  not on account of their econmics that most Gambians voted for other
parties.
  So for goodness' sake, why, after fifteen hard years on the tracks, is
  PDOIS, boasting a leadership with impeccable integrity, perhaps the best
  educated, the most down-to-earth, still trailing the voter statistics at
  under 3%? Why?..."

  The elusiveness of the answer to this question, perhaps only a temporal
difficulty is one important reason why PDOIS itself saw the need to work
with other parties, parties that we may disapprove of for various reasons,
to build a coalition to remove the APRC from power.
  Faced with an engine of tyranny like the APRC, I want to believe that
slamming the door on all future possibilities of a rapprochement I think is
simply futile.
  Other matters you raised I would discuss after the elections not as a way
of apportioning blame, but as a way of pointing out serious tactical and
strategic errors that may perhaps help in a small way, in charting out a
viable path towards our common liberation. That, I believe, should be the
mission of criticism and self-criticism especially amongst progressives.

  Many many thanks,
  sidibeh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい