GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:16:47 -0800
ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Sanusi,
Anyway many would not have done what Sarr has just started....YDE's duty waivers are just the tip of the iceberg wait and see...There are some who are loitering in the streets of Banjul who are more culpable than Baba.You see this case is about crime and justice period so why bring in flags,rallies and posters? Sarr is not even helping Jammeh here! Jammeh should stop him,if I were the one I would continue doing the job and leave the electorates to decide.I remember in the nineties when Jawara was promised that people in Jokadu,would not vote Dr Manneh.Mustafa Fye knows what I am talking about....Manneh stood as an independent candidate and then won remarkably.Politics is not all drumming and insults there is more to it.I will NOT SNORE!!! upon what Sarr has just said not at all! The more Baba's case is polarised the more others will see it as a political ploy! So such should stop forthwith.Did you notice one thing? From the beginning of the case to now Baba Jobe has not
said anything "lousy"or so.Who knows what his timing is?!
At any time someone says something contrary that person is seen as anti APRC! Who will then be within and criticise within? Actually that is why people like me have recently been saying something vis-a-vis this case....am neither APRC nor for any other party.I am myself.
Baba KANTEH has been employed by Jobe barely three months ago.Kanteh is a veteran in accounting and he was one of the pioneers of the Julbrew factory.Many gendarme boys including those who are being escorted today used to watch movies at his house in London corner "Marseh Ngelew"
I remember when some big man used to ask me to get a movie entitled WILD GEESE and DOGS OF WAR from Baba and we watched it in Dormitory F.Ofcourse I will not be surprised if that person forces to forget Kanteh's kindness today.That person knows what dormitory F means.You see many people are being ridiclued they helped some of those who are driving pajeros today,including my very self. I have said it even before that not all former PPP stalwarts are bad.Buba Baldeh was with PPP and today he is being used!That is just so funny!
Being on the observer head lines as defendant at court does not make people like Kanteh bad men.I can swear on the Holy Qur'an that Kanteh will come out free.He is a professional that applied and was given a job.Infact Kanteh was at travel agent when he was called for an interview and then given the job at YDE.He was picking up a ticket ready to go to Sweden where he was invited by his younger brother from Niumi Bakalarr.
Kanteh is originally from Kuntaur.Many may not agree with me that he will be free but just wait and see.For Baba Jobe i cannot tell now but am almost sure that even if he going to sink,he will for sure scrape the sea's bedrock with many.
Duty waivers are dangerous implications for gvt in this case,especially where it is only the dept of finance that can issue them(at least un normal circumstances).If YDE says that they do not order tractors and rolls of whatever then...can't some of read between the lines.Where was Kuru Konjira when Baba was arrested? He was in Mecca with high powered delegation right?
Now we can see that the NEW MILLENIUM is also being "caged".There is a special intelligence report on that very plane entitled THE PLANE AND IT'S TRACES i can send that to you in private and as a lwayer you can understand where i am coming from.
I am laughing because the news papers are not giving us all that is behind because the journalist only write what they hear or recieve.Am into this case because of anger or siding with anyone no.I am in it because I know that everything is not being said "jaharang!"
Time will tell!
Essa.

Sanusi Owens wrote:
Aunty Jabou Joh

You wrote

"I guess there is no such thing as waiting until the
judicial process proves innocence or guilt
here. If you dance to the music you must pay the
piper."

Please note that Phoday Lang Sarr is just acting on
behalf of orders from ABOVE. Instead of allowing the
judicial process to take its course, Poor Phoday Lang
Sarr has decided to expose his stupidity by commenting
on a case that is still to be decided in the law
courts.

Perhaps, there are issues which might have transpired
between Baba JOBE and the APRC Government, giving
course for him to be made a SCAPEGOAT for the
unlawfull activities of YDE.