GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 20:38:24 EST
"wise man,i read your advice and truely i was indeed flatered.thanks but  i
am
within the bounderies.i balance my life and on the centre is my faith."
Suntou.

Very well.

"i did not insult any body neither did i made any derogatory remark  against
any
person or group." Suntou.

Generally it is best to receive advice from friends and community members
before a crime is committed.

"what was stated is what i heard concening that group of people."  Suntou.

Exactly. What you heard from other people regarding a certain other  person's
belief and religion. If ever so slightly, you risked going outside the
bounds of your own belief and religion. What did Allah say about hearsay  again?

"i will continue to do dawah the way the scholars recommend it."  Suntou.

The idea is to discern the colour of the scholars. I do not think you mean
Christian scholars, or Mormon scholars, or Ahmadiyya scholars, or Mouride
Scholars do you?

"if anyone think that make me a munafik," Suntou.

No Suntou. Think! How can anyone think that following the edicts of your
religion makes you Munaafiq? What I want you to do is review the edicts of Dawah
or evangelism. At the base is the propagation of your belief and or religion.
 Now then you must understand that other religions and beliefs also have
edicts  for their Dawah. You don't believe do you? The devil is in the manner and
fashion of Dawah. Read what Allah teaches you about Dawah.

"then that is that person's opinion." Suntou.

It will have been an erroneous opinion. Qualifying one's religion or faith
is not Opining. It is dishonest castigation. So if anyone says you are Munaafiq
 for following your faith or religious edicts, send them to me. The idea of
religion is harmonious co-existence on earth. The worship of a supreme being
is  manifestation of humility and recognition of creation.

"even sahabas of the prophet muhammad (pbuh) were afraid of themself  being a
munafik let alone poor old suntou." Suntou.

Have you ever tried to figure out why those sahabas of your prophet would  be
afraid of being Munaafiqs?

"the story of Abubacar and Abu adar adah can be recall here.the two very
strong sahabas one day fear that their business and private life is taking them
away from the remembaranance of Allah." Suntou.

That seems to me a personal problem of Abubakar and Abu adar Adah. Maybe if
they were trained on propriety and moderation, they will not have been afraid.
 What does that have to do with Suntou and his faith. Besides I think those
two  are struggling with their faith as you are now.

["they meet on the street and proceed to the messenger of Allah .they
narated their fears that the worldly materail things make them forget to enegage  in
the remembarance of Allah.they told the propeht that ''when we are with are
our familes and in business we forget to remember Allah ,we think we are now
munafiks ''.the prophet answered them that'' there is a time for worship and
time for other world things.what ever one do if you have the conscious and
fear  of Allah it is worship''.] Suntou.

Helas!! Eureka. Suntou, did you understand your prophet Muhammad's (Salla
Llaahu alaihi Wa-Sallam) advice to the two knuckleheads? Again what does that
have to do with Suntou's Dawah? You notice they did not share with the prophet
Muhammad what it was that makes them jittery. You could get more clues from
these conversations you rely on if you are trained on propriety in religion.
Whatever religion.

[sheik Anta diop says ''with a clear conscience fear no accussation''.]
Suntou.

Exactly. Suntou, you know I like Cheikh Anta Diop, perhaps for different
reasons than you, but read again what he shares immediately above. To the two
knuckleheads, if their conscience was clear and they were trained on propriety
all along, Allah will not have created doubts of Munfiqr in their minds. And
Allah is all knowing. Don't let the zeal of Dawah lead you astray to offend
Allah.

"i am not an extremist," Suntou.

Suntou, I think extremism is qualified by its affect on your fellow citizen
or human. Have you ever heard any sane individual say he/she is not an
extremist? Your extremism is recognized by the perceiver of your extremism. If  you
are afraid of being an extremist, then temper your debilitating affect on
your community, fellow citizen, and fellow human. You wouldn't know the colour
of your extremism if it hit you upside the head.

"neither a human right violator." Suntou.

The right to association for worship and industry is an inherent human
right. Are you bearing irresponsibly on another's right to this inalienable  right?
That is the question you ought to be asking yourself. If I were you I  will
begin today by abandoning the quip: I am not or I am a human right  violator. I
would hone in on the particular right in question and determine the  quality
of my affect on it for other. That is how we get rehabilitated. Funny  words
like human rights violator are too vague and they offer sanctuary for the
idiot violator. Suntou you're making me upset. You should have just thanked me
for the advice and choose to or not to heed it. It would have been  more
appreciative of you. And I have a feeling you did not understand the advice  because
I have the funny feeling you thought I was calling you a Munaafiq. Read  it
again for God's sakes. You must be confident that Munaafiqs actually know who
they are. If Abubakr and the other fella did not have conscience problems, they
 would have shared with the prophet what exactly they felt was making them
uneasy  instead of the cockamayme story about "when we are in business and with
our  families shit happens to us". Why does being in honest business interfere
with  their faith if indeed they had believed? What you should have used that
example  in is to show the trials of journeys toward faith. You would have
done good  Dawah then. Now you see what I'm sharing with you don't you?

"my recommendation haruna is to add the web page of mo ibrahim to the  global
democracy project .here is the link." Suntou.

I'm sorry I didn't understand. You mind telling me why you think I ought to
add Mo Ibrahim's web page to The Global Democracy Project? If it is good
advice,  I will thank you for it and heed it. If it is not good advice, I will
thank you  for it anyway but I will share with you my view on it. That may turn
out to be  good advice for you in the end. And I expect your behind to thank me
for it  unconditionally.

"i was watching a programm on it today." Suntou.

Well what did you learn that may be valuable to me or The GDP? You Muslings
don't even know how to add value to your fellow human if your lives depended
on  it. Dawah my left eyelash.

_http://www.moibrahimfoundation.org/expert-views.asp_
(http://www.moibrahimfoundation.org/expert-views.asp)   Suntou.

Thank you for the URL. I shall visit when time allows me. You could have
given us an idea of what you're talking about. Oh by the way, I read your piece
at The Echo and besides a bit more editing, it was a good piece. I hope you
read  it out loud to yourself before submitting it or did you submit it before
the  blogging advice I shared?

Oh Suntou my dear. How do you suppose your Dawah will yield value for you
when you castigate others' faiths in the process. It seems to me an expensive
and foolhardy way to go about Dawah. And don't tell me your prophets told you
that is how you complete Dawah. What in the name of Religion???????

Sheikh Masoud. MQDT. Darbo. AL Mu'Umin. I feel like sharing another
installment from Julius Caesar I think will be appropriate here. It talks about  Dawah
and snakes in green grass and circumstance. Anyway, Suntou I strongly
recommend you read my advice to you again. If possible, allow another of your
school mates to read it and share their opinions with you on it. Jesus friggin
Muhammad