GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:54:16 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 9:31 PM
Subject: [Africa-Politics] "boy bomber:" Action Alert:CNN violating journalistic ethics:an Israeli video

Jamaat al-Muslimeen, POB 10881, Baltimore, MD 21234. Phone: 41-435-5000. Web site: www.newtrendmag.org [click on Jamaat al-Muslimeen]. We are a national organization based on the Qur'an and the Sunnah, supporting the rights of the oppressed and the downtrodden,
We urge readers to send letters like this to CNN. Consider this an urgent and immediate matter. Do not ignore this violation of journalistic ethics. [Send us copies of your letters.]
Producer CNN

Ref: Story of 16 year old would-be-suicide bomber.

Dear Producer

In the 12 - 12.30 PM   CNN segment [March 25], Ben Wiedemen reported to Wolf Blitzer about the  Palestinian boy who allegedly wanted to blow himself up to kill Israelis but had a change of heart

Anyone who knows journalism would know that by using this story, CNN has tried to sneak in Israeli propaganda in the guise of "news reporting." Reuters indicates that Israelis did not permit journalists to talk to the boy, so obviously you got the video from the Israelis and started televising it.

Such reporting is definitely a violation of journalistic ethics.
 If you do accept Israeli videos, let me suggest what you could have done for journalistic balance:

1. Shown a video of Shaikh Yassin's wheel chair being blown up, as seen from the Israeli helicopter which did it.
2. Shown a video of Israeli tanks plowing through Palestinian homes in a Gaza refugee camp, AS SEEN FROM AN ISRAELI TANK.
3. Ms. Rachel Corrie being crushed by an Israeli bulldozer, as seen by the bulldozer driver. You could have interviewed him to ask how he felt after killing that anti-Israel agitator.

Would you like to dig up some old movies of Dr. Goebbels in which Jewish children would be shown trying to resist German SS troops? Dr. Goebbels was pretty good at showing "evil Jews." You  still haven't become as good as the Nazis at trying to demonize your opponents.

I wonder if you have a sense of irony? You had TWO JEWISH reporters, Ben Wiedemen and Wolf Blitzer, known for their support of Israel,  talking about a Muslim child wanting to blow himself up. Just a coincidence or is that your tribe's idea of having fun on TV?

Sincerely

Kaukab Siddique, Ph.D
Associate Professor of English

Disclaimer:
Please note that views and opposing views expressed in Africa-Politics forum are the rights of individual contributors. Mutual respect for people's views is the corner stone of our forums. Freedom of speech and expression is our guiding principle.

Africa-Politics is a division of AfriK Network Groups - a network of Email-based forums that are professionally managed by Fastrac Systems a subsidiary of FASTRAC Corporation LLC based in Silver Spring, MD, U.S.A.
Please visit http://www.ChatAfriK.com to join our Web-based forums and take the advantage of our other internet services. Please help invite your friends and peers around the world to join us. We thank you for your patronage.
Martin Akindana (Moderator Matto)
Moderator, AfriK Network Groups & Webmaster, http://www.ChatAfriK.com