GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gibby Cham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:09:59 -0800
Mr. Ceesay, I'm really not going to debate about this
issue with you, because I cannot believe that a fellow
Gambian can be so insensitive to its own people.

You need to know that all these people are
contributing way more than a lot of American-born
citizens in this country. They live here and pay taxes
that is developing this country. They are buying
things that is lifting the economy, and they are
definitely contributing to the reduction of violence
in this country.These people are contributing
positively to the development of this country on a
daily basis.

They are not out in the streets homeless, stealing or
shooting people. They are out there doing jobs that
most American citizens would not do for their own
country----trying to keep the airports secure and
helping handicapped people around the airports,
forth. These are jobs that most American people do not
want to do for their own people. Illegal foreigners
are doing it for them---Looking at it from that point
of view alone should make these people become legal.

What bad does it do to this country, if one lives here
illegally but using his presence in this country to do
something that is developing it? I do not see how it
will affect this country. I believe a 100% that this
country is gaining a whole lot more from the illegal
aliens than they are losing. This is absolutely
visible to the united states congress. You might not
see that because you have closed your eyes to not see
the good that your own people are doing in this
country and home.

Mr Ceesay, things might be going your way right now,
but you never know when they could go the other way.
So be very careful what you wish on others. Life can
be so sweet today, but the day it gets sour is when
you will be needing your neighbor. I know you will not
want them to be insensitive as you are today.

Anyway, there is a lot more people praying for them
than those who are not. I know God will protect them
and return them safely to their families...Amen

Gibby