GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Dibba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:13:33 +0100
Thank you brothers and sister for the contribution. The narration moved on!!!!

  Gibril Saye's father walked to the Daily Observer's office to explain that his son was nowhere near a firefight at the stated time of fighting. Lieutenant (Nyancho) Manneh's wife openly refused to formally mourn his husband because as far as the facts were, her husband was in bed with her at the time of the so-called fighting. Lieutenant Bah's parents in Bakau explained to the world the details of how their child was arrested from his house hours after the stated firefight.

  My friends you may be right to ask why it took 11 years to tell this story, but to ignore the challenging versions to the official one given by the Jammeh government on that event tantamount to evasiveness.  For it was not 11 years, not 11 months, 11 weeks or 11 days, but less than 11 hours after the massacre, that affected Gambian families started telling their version of what happened which of course totally contradicted the official one.

  My fellow Gambians the trouble is that so many people who could have helped in putting things in their right perspective had chosen at the time to ignore the facts or were blinded by self-preservation, individual interests, or still perhaps by fear and shock. But we all know how small The Gambia is and how incidents like this, despite their intended secrecy could spread rapidly from one mouth to another until the whole truth comes to the open. As a matter of fact my story simply elaborated on the gruesome details but the opposing views were there to every statement forwarded about the phoney coup plot from day one.

  What's the point in dumping the bodies of these fellow Gambian gentlemen in toilet pits instead of letting their families recover the corpses and burying them in regular graveyards. Or was there a more "tangible explanation" we could share with from the government's side about what they did with those mangled bodies? There is another point that we could zoom under the microscope in Sabally's first statement at radio Gambia the morning after the killing of Barrow and Faal. It might help a bit in our reasoning pattern here. Did you know that the only persons Sabally mentioned that day, as the men killed were Barrow and Faal? Did we ever ask why he did not mention the rest?  It's a simple answer my friends, because up to that moment, only those two were killed.

  I believe in life beyond the grave. So I think up there wherever they are, the souls of Barrow, Faal, Saye, Manneh, Bah and others are appreciative of my efforts in letting the world know. When sanity returned to The Gambia some day soon, perhaps Yahya Jammeh and Co will be there to see their bodies exhumed in separate pieces of bones. I am strongly convinced that if it had not been for these great souls we the detainees may have never left the jail alive. It was because of these men's protests and open disagreement to the regime's desire to harm us that we were saved in the end.

  They actually died for us. We were marked for execution on Captain Valentine Strasser's advice.  This is serious, Strasser the then military leader in Sierra Leone had advised the council members to do to us what he did to his detainees in Freetown-shoot us all. And they had almost done so, thanks to those soldiers who showed them that the evil idea was unacceptable.

  Yahya Jammeh remember that no condition is permanent except change it self.
  Yahya Jammeh, how would you feel about falling victim of your own crimes tomorrow? Will you be able to live with that? People without conscience or lack the faith in god shall never see what I am driving at here.

  If your curiosity however gets into you that bad to where you want to obsessively know everything about this massacre from Baboucarr Jatta in particular, I got some tips for you. Find a good steak restaurant and invite the voracious Interior minister of yours to dinner with enough meat and bread to feed half a dozen men and then probe him for any secret of the AFPRC/APRC government.

  He would spill his guts on every drop of saliva that flows from his mouth. The Senegalese military officers were fully aware of this secret weakness about the gluttonous chief-of staff and had used it on several occasions to collect classified information from the buffoon. Mr president Yahya Jammeh, you know about this in your main man, but as a Jola and a minimal threat to you anything goes with Jatta. Yahya remember those people who have long since died and while alive never wavered from their conviction that NAZI Germany never persecuted any Jews and that Adolf Hitler was the greatest leader in the world.

  Yahya Jammeh you may carry on, but god is watching and the international society is collecting evidences.