GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:33:38 +0000
Gassa, please stop the semantics.  Given the context, is there a difference
between potential stategy and target?  If 200 mil is not the aim, then why
was it mentioned?  This sounds more like misinformation.  I ask for a
timeline because you could not possibly have 200 mil visitors in that tiny
country in say five years span.  I'm sure you could.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: "Jungle Sunrise" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [>-<] Re: Gambian Tourism expected to improve much further
>Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 05:30:24 -0500 (EST)
>
>[ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Jungle Sunrise"
>

>Hi Joe,
>
>I can see that you also afflicted with the same delusion as Prince. I
>never said anything about a target of 200 million visitors. Instead, I
>reported that the GTA was working on a "STRATEGY" to "EXPOSE" the country
>to some 200 million "POTENTIAL" visitors. Look before you leap!
>
>Have a good day,
>
>Gassa.
>
> > Boy, you can make pudding out of s**t!  Did you just say a target of
> > 200  million visitors?  Gassa I know you're perfecting your spin, but
> > 200  million?  Now give me a timeline for this rediculous guess.  Why
> > don't you  tell us about Baba Jobe instead?  Or, is that a heavy
> > subject for you?   Tombong said he was not arrested but invited for
> > questioning over tea, what  say you?
> >
> > Chi Jaama
> >
> > Joe Sambou
> >

> >>From: Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
> >>To: [log in to unmask]
> >>Subject: Gambian Tourism expected to improve much further
> >>Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:30:19 -0500
> >>
> >>According to the Director General of The Gambia Tourism Authority, Mr.
> >>Habib Drammeh, some 95,000 tourists are expected to visit The Gambia
> >>this season, an increase of about 15% over last year. According to him,
> >>the Authority is developing a strategy that could expose the country to
> >>some 200 million potential visitors and allowing tourists to book for
> >>their hotels online.
> >>
> >>He also disclosed that his authority has allocated land investors for
> >>the construction of 15 hotels through “clearly spelt out procedures”.
> >>“All allotees for hotels must deposit 5% of the total investment cost
> >>which would be refunded as the project nears completion”. Those who
> >>cannot successfully complete their projects risk losing their deposits.
> >>
> >>According to the Authority’s publication, over 20 million Dollars was
> >>spent on the refurbishment of our existing hotels. It reported that The
> >>Kairaba hotel has spent $4 million to upgrade all its rooms, Corinthia
> >>Atlantic $5 million, former Sunwing (now Sunbeach) $5 million, Social
> >>Security and Housing Finance Cooperation $8.5 million on Amie’s beach
> >>(now Sunrise), Kotu Strand (now Sunset) $1 million and Senegambia $1.1
> >>million.
> >>
> >>The $20 million coastal erosion project, currently being implemented,
> >>has restored several dozen metres of sandy beach along the coast.
> >>
> >>Finally, if you know about birds of The Gambia you might perhaps be
> >>interested in a debate by the GTA to identify a National Bird of The
> >>Gambia. So far two have put forward nominations. These are:
> >>
> >>1.      Blue-bellied Roller (Coracias Cyanogaster) nominated by Clive
> [...]

Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list?  MSN Shopping has lined up some
good bets!  http://shopping.msn.com