GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:06:56 +0100
Reading Mr. Halifa Sallah's last interview with Foroyaa posted on Gambia-l
on February 1, simply indicates that he wishes to continue as NADD leader.
Whatever Mr. Sallah may say in his resignation letter to the NADD Executive
will be of scant consequence. The Executive will simply plead with him to
remain as leader, because partly, there is no culture of self-criticism that
translates into the consequential assumption of responsibilities for
failure. I hope other leaders will also, as a matter of principle, tender
their resignation letters to the relevant executive committees.

The fact is that the entire Gambian Opposition leadership has failed, and
failed dismally. It failed not only to construct a serious united coalition
that would have offered a reasonable electoral challenge to the APRC. But in
that failure, seeds of even more discord within the Opposition have been
sown, thereby aggravating the prospects of any future attempts to build a
united coalition.

I hope you will all join me in calling for the RESIGNATION of the leadership
of the entire Opposition in order to allow for a leadership transition in
their respective parties (and instead assume advisory roles); and where
there are no "suitable" candidates for leadership at present, it falls upon
the current leaders to take responsibility in nurturing the emergence of
qualified leadership candidates at least two years before the next
presidential elections.

In my humble opinion, this is the way forward.

With much respect,
Momodou S Sidibeh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい