GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 04:55:38 +0200
I want to inform all readers thatb my trip to Asia was not for music
production.  I am with an American company in Hollywood, California and
we are distributed by virgin records worldwide. All Soto Koto
recordings are EXCLUSIVELY  registered in the USA for the foreseeable
future under Higher Octave Music.
I am in favour of the copyright act in the Gambia. In all my interviews,
it is mostly mentioned.
Is china a criminal country  ? No ! It is one of the greatest countries
in the world with alot of Culture.

I have never discussed with Tombong Saidy at GRTS nothing about tapes. I
hope Tombong will not reply ) What is this nonesense. You are
fabricating some lies to cover up.

Many  Gambians cannot understand what happened to the Great Ifangbondi
and The Afro Manding sounds. Can you explain.? And why is it what it is
today?The youths of today want to know. The are yarning to take over.

You have nothing to loose ....You said it,  I am too busy  in Asia  and
don't have much time to put up a personal fight and  insults  on the
list but yet still I like a decent  topic for debate to put points
across.
This is a diviationfrom the topic. You are trying to be smart, to take
the first leap ." Niel Amstrong"

Let us not miss the evil point "The abandonment of Pap Touray and
Senemie" and the rest of Ifangbondi whilst the concequences are having
bad effects on so many of them.. Where was Paps and Senemie and the rest
of the band  while you record and tour with their music to make income
with your wife. He would have been alive by now in the Ifangbondi (only
god can judge this) if his place was there. You kicked him out with your
wife.

The question is Why did Paps Touray die so soon (a young man ) and why
did it happened and so carelessely? Could this been avoided ? What is
your role in this.? Gambians are angry and confused about the death of
Paps Touray, It is a big loss of treasure that cannot be recovered.

ALL Gambians welcome the copyright, even the kids at ABC.

Very respectfully yours
Oko Drammeh

P/s: Badou you are a great artist and master musician. I will always
treasure you.
A Luta continua!!!