GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:03:31 +0000
Kebba Dampha,

First let me say that you raised some legitimate points as you always do
,and believe me when I say that one has to live under a rock to  be
oblivious of the current Gambian situation.

Since my response to some of these posting is RARE, I would equally like to
say to both George Sarr and Mr. Saul Khan that the concerns they have raised
in my opinion are not cristicism, but rather that of CRITIQUING which we
must as an organization  (AGERA) take in good stride, although I do not
remember having  yet a  consensus as an organisation since the July fourth
celebrations to survey and ask for improvement from the POST or G-L..

However, I am bit perplexed with your insinuation and assertion because I do
not have a price and  have NOT talked to Mafy  since July 2000 which I am
sure he can attest to .

Contrary to popular suspicions about AGERA, yes  there are APRC members in
the executive committee who are in the executive committee of the Atlanta
APRC Branch- most notably Mr.Salifu Jallow,  and I do not think that I for
one should loose any sleep about admitting that because he has all the right
to participate in a community organisation, but it does not mean that he
would dictacte the AGERA agenda.

Believe me when I say that adherence to general consensus of AGERA meetings
is what will always be communicated to the public and NOT what an individual
thinks should happen.

In conclusion, I would advise you to get your facts in line before you make
unfouded allegations like you just did because I  do NOT have a price and I
am  NOT for sale.  If I ever decide to be an APRC or Opposition supporter,
it is NOT you, the Gambia Post or L that I need legitimacy from.

Best Regards,

Ablie Njie-Lekbi