GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:27:17 GMT
Tombong,

I don't know who Jabou is, so I can't speak for her. But my own feeling is
that the very question of you or anybody else "intervening" to get some
citizen's god-given/birth right for him or her should not even arise. There
was a Gambia before Yaya Jammeh, and there will be one long after he's gone.
You sound as if the Jammeh admn. is the victim here. It's not and never has
been! Why are you surprised that people believe Jabou so easily? We're
talking about a regime that has butchered a cabinet minister (Koro Ceesay;)
a regime that abducts and tortures it's opponents in broad day light (Waa
Juwara;) a regime that summarily denies peasants due process (the so-called
Sikunda Ten.) The list goes on and on.
In short, Mr. Saidy, if you want to see justice done, champion the cause of
Koro Ceesay's family who are still waiting after five years for an answer.
Failing that, how about the cause of people like Waa Juwara whose only crime
is to differ w/you people?
We'll be waiting.
Saul