GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 05:36:46 -0500
Harona Drammeh Wrote:
"I am by no means going to contribute to such funds, nor will i contribute
 to any other fund created for political purposes, or for any other
 specific political party. That is me. But you, the people claiming to be
 this and that, should have no problems providing your financial muscle
 for the course you believe-in.

Let this forum not be one for tough talk and too little action, if any. "

Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. Bro, you are entitled to your
opinion and actions but that shouldn't give you the luxury to dictate what
others must do.It's our prerogative not to just talk tough but to ask tough
questions and no one in his or her right mind can tell me that my concerns
are not genuine and counterproductive as you put. What makes you think
money is an issue for some of us. Just because we raise genuine concerns or
because we don't suck up to cheap rhetorics? I may ask questions that
others might sweep under the carpet but that's not to say one is shying
away from contributing financially. That notion is not only twisted but
completely preposterous.You are telling those who talk tough to act tough
even if they disagree or have any genuine concerns? That is utter rubbish!
Some of us refuse to talk tough and then act stupid, just because someone
is saying do it any way and we'll keep our fingers crossed and see if it
makes sense. Don't get it twisted, unlike you some of us are atleast
willing put our money where our mouth is, but we just happen to be dealing
with unaswered questions and a very uncertain future. I don't know if you
noticed, but my question was addressed to MLJ Conteh and is still pending
but I appreciate you butting in giving me more reasons to be concerned.
You then wrote and I quote: " Put your money where your mouth is, or be
quiet". Again, utter rubbish! You ain't sounding very different and worst
contradicting yourself. Infact you sound like a dictator telling us to be
quiet and ask no questions or raise any concerns. That we should just shut
up and send in money when you emphatically refused to send a penny. Do you
see the twisted logic in your argument. Maybe I should have simply ignored
your naïveté and slandered rhetorics and await for more amicable and well
thought-out response from our able Comrade MLJ Conteh. Thanks for really
saying nothing......most people don't know what they're saying, and a lot
of them are really good at it. Until then, I stand corrected and I'm
sticking to my 9mm(my guts), KAPUT! Talk about today's bureaucratic horse-
whip and the 'Yahya Jammehs' amongst us! No one should dictate nada in
this forum!

                                                  Respectfully,
                                                  Mr Makaveli