GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:13:37 +0100
Sister Jabou Joh wrote:

"...We all saw the so-called new generation spitting more venum out here
than those on the ground. I think the suggestion to resign should be
directed at specific opposition leaders, namely those who refused to be part
of a unified front if it is being done in sincererity and is not just
another cheap tactic hollow hypocritical venture".

The call for the resignation of Opposition leaders is very provocative to
say the least. My hope is that all those interested, in their different
parties, will subject their own organisations to self-criticism and not just
the "other"  parties; scrutinise the role of their leaders in the election
fiasco, and perhaps even think the "unthinkable" in Gambian politics: the
resignation of the party leader(s). In that process, we might also highlight
the evolutionary trajectories of the Opposition in Gambian politics. So it
is a pretty important matter.

But your suggesting that the call is either insincere or hypocritical at the
onset, can hardly be helpful.

Many thanks,
Momodou S Sidibeh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい