GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edi Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:48:35 +0000
One featuer of chaos outbreaks was a remarkable tendency for enthusiasts
to transform into fanatics, so absolute sure of their own righteousness that
they were willing to die or slaughter others over fine points of ideology.I
am not referring to only religioun wise in this context but political
radicalism too as seen in many part of our continent. This was one of the
many failure mode that brought our continent crashing down.

Again, I wonder if such defects might be exploited somehow, to frustrate
these radicalism. This obsession with phisical power and factual knowledge
will take us nowhere.

Reading ancient records, dating back to before humanity burst out from a
small corner of the galaxy, I find out that throughout history, most society
tried to protect their people against exposure to dangerous ideas. On every
continent of old earth, in almost every era, priests and kings strove to
keep out concepts that might disturb the population at large, fearing that
alien notions could take root and cause disruption.And yet, the most
brilliant culture of all, (our cultures), the one that event us seems to
have rejected this entire way of looking at the world.

Good day and God bless our continent and Gambia in particular.
Edi