GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 18:23:45 EDT
Actually, the issuance of these totalitarian rules is not in response to any
discipline problem per say, but is just another strong arm tactic of the
jammeh government. Some of these so-called Educators have already shown their
betrayal of their students when they issued that ridiculous statement  saying
that they hold the students responsible for the occurences of April 10 and
11th because they destroyed property etc. I guess these students have no
nurturing educators to instill great ideals in them if they become turncoats
at the slightest problem.
The creation of these rules is just a continuation of the betrayal they have
already manifested and just a set of rules either fed to these stooges by the
Jammeh regime, or they deviced them in their cowardice to save themselves.
What a shame, and what a pity for these students whose teachers should be a
source of inspiration for them.These students have demonstrated much more
courage and high ideals than these teachers. Infact, perhaps the students
should be the teachers?

I agree with Buharry, this decision should be challenged as unconstitutional
,and I do hope that those group of lawyers who have come forward to provide
their services to the victims of the April massacre, as well as all law
abiding and freedon loving Gambians will stand up to challenge this.

Jabou Joh