GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mansour Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 11:16:57 +0100
I think this is a positive development.  I however think the
equation is now more complex.  Frankly I would have been
happier if the rebel leader was dead at the time of arrest.
Clearly the rebels will now try to use him as a bargaining
chip for the UN peace keepers held hostage.  That would
indeed be a distasteful swap!

The other thing is that J C Jackson of a man.  I think he
is a bad choice for the job after those comments and also
equating the true freedom fighters of Africa like the ANC
and RUF.  It shows how little he understand of Africa's
troubled history.

Asalamu alikum
Mansour