GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:14:43 +0000
Coach,
I am really glad to hear from you once again and to all the rest of you
great guys on Gambia-L. You people have been doing a wonderful job by using
the site to discuss issues affecting our dear country and also giving advice
to the leadership and to each other. That is indeed great and I urge each
and everyone of us to see this forum as a positive contribution to the
consolidation of democracy and the freedom of speech that has been a bit
elusive to some people in this country.However,rather than using the forum
to castigate each other or discuss trivial issues, we can really make the
best use of this rare opportunity available to us to educate each other and
the rest of the country and the diaspora about how we can make use of the
best things this country can offer as well as try to instill some sense of
responsibility into our young leaders' minds  for them to understand that
being on top does not the least make them any better than the rest of us. It
is only when we all respect each others views and opinions that we can be
able to prosper as a nation. We are indeed lucky that The Gambia is one of
the most homogeneous country in Africa where hardly anyone is a stranger in
any part of the country and we all tend to know each other. That is at least
one positive aspect of our small size. We should therefore capitalise on
those positive aspects that unite us rather than anything else that tends to
divide us. We have the opportunity to make this small nation of ours greater
than its size because we have got the necessary human resources and all that
we need is the ability to harness those potentialities.

I wish to salute all of you, particularly Coach, Cherno Baba Jallow and
Alpha Robinson, and of course to all the rest of you who frequent this site.
together we can really make a difference.

Best regards to you all
D.A.Jawo