GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:18:06 EST

The damage already done to Carnegie Minerals' reputation and its affect on
existing mining agreements between Carnegie and other countries such as
Senegal,  Taiwan, Indonesia, etc., must be remedied. The loss of revenue from the
premature stoppage must also be remedied. This does not affect the results of
arbitration and prosecution of the case.

In effect, unprofessionalism and breach of contract due to cluelessness may
already have cost Gambia preventable damage. It is not too late to train on
circumspect and integrity and avoid another Alimenta. And if I were  Carnegie,
I will wind down my operations in Gambia regardless of how the
investigations/arbitrations turn out. The Gambian environment has been  rendered too
poisonous by ill-discipline and dishonour for any future operation  of Carnegie,
Australia, and or China. Australia and China (+ Taiwan) belong  to the
Asia-Pacific Mining consortium.

Haruna.

In a message dated 2/20/2008 8:13:02 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,