GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:12:47 EDT
Joe,

I agree with Malanding and Jasseh Conteh. We must never bring ourselves down
to the level of the  APRC regime. These people are in a class by themselves
and do not operate within any honourable, legal, ethical of professional manner
or code of ethics.

They have turned our  constitution into toilet paper, our country into a
place of suffering and our people into destitutes, and they keep on looking for
more ways to make inocent Gambians suffer. I think that any intelligent person
in any government in the World cannot possibly look at the record of the Jammeh
regime and consider them anything but a liability to their own people,  as
well as a liability to any government that is foolish enough to be linked with
them in any way.

 The decisions and statements they make alone, both at home and with regards
to international affairs are the antithesis of diplomacy as known to modern
man,  and Their actions have and will continue to provide the living proof of
what they are made of.
To quote Stevie Wonder.

"we don't have to do nothing to you, you will cause your own country (regime)
to fall."

 All we have to do is to give these people enough rope to hang themselves as
they say, but we must never compromise our integrity, intelligence, ethics and
clearheadedness by engaging in the same despicable actions this regime
employs.
Rather, we must work to make sure that the Gambian people have an alternative
choice.
We must understand that the APRC regime is desperate because they have messed
up the country, mis-managed the affairs of the country to the point where
even basic services like fuel to run water pumps is lacking, murdered our people
in cold blood and  emptied our meager resources and used them as their own
personal investment fund.
 Now things are falling apart and the whole this is caving in on them, and
you can see their desperation by the things that Yaya Jammeh is doing and
saying, and no doubt delegating his people to do. Why! the yare barely  a few inches
short of doing whatever is necessary to get anyone to throw some investment
dollars their  way so they can continue to plunder and pillage with it even as
they fool the potential investors that all is well. We know more than ever
that all is not well.

What is scaring these people is that they are begining to see evidence that
Gambians have had enough of them and their corrupt and murderous regime,  and
desperate people do desperate things.
Our best weapon is that we concentrate on making sure that a united coalition
becomes a reality, and to rally our efforts behind them. We cannot afford to
be distracted,  and if the regime thinks that reporting Gambians and having
them deported will lessen their troubles, then this is  just another indication
of their short-sightedness.
If the yare reporting Gambians so they can be deported,  then we must bring
to the attention of the Bush administration the reason that Gambia has become a
death trap for her people under this regime, and that any monies given to
this regime is an investment towards the sufferign of our people and a donation
of American tax dollars towards the personal investment fund of Yaya Jammeh.

Jabou Joh