GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lasana Jorbateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:04:38 EST
Joe
The famous anti PPP remarks which anti-PPP elements find so so convinient to
say at any given opportunity like, " 30 years of do nothing" does not intrest
me at all. I will rather leave that to historians who will not be carried by
their political feelings and hide the facts. If I attempt to list the
numerous institutions established by the PPP regeme and the giant structures
that housed them which holds the Gambian ecconomy today, we may be going out
of the subject.

I also want to make it clear that I cannot speak for the UDP/PPP/GPP
coalition. All I am trying to do is to speak my mind as a Gambian. Now coming
back to the subject from what I read or hear about the coalition, they have
always been intrested in acoalition of all opposition parties from day one
and they still maintain that stance. All opposition parties have a very
important roll to play if they are to succeed in removing the APRC regeme
democratically. The strategy Jammeh is playing is to put opposition parties
against each other or to bring any one of them he can get on his side.
Therfore we cannot offord to leave out any of the opposition parties out of
the coalition. If we do, it will only work in Jammeh's advantage.

Yes Jammeh always CASTIGATE the PPP but does not hesitate to accomondate them
among his ranks when the oppotunity arises. That shows that even APRC connot
do without them!