GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:03:32 -0400
Assalamu alaikum, Musa, some in the US are also sighting Ramadan moon, see
www.hilalsighting.org, www.crescentwatch.org, and www.moonsighting.com.  My
local community, as far as I know, starts tomorrow, based on following Saudi
Araiba, I think...

We are divided as usual, I'll frankly wait for moon sighitng tonight, though
I don't wish to debate this issue, as I stated in my blog, Inshallah, people
will follow the decision they are most comfortable and at peace with.  You
know, I have gone from speaking very strongly on this issue to just saying
Alhamdulillah, and moving on.  It's not good to start a month full of
opportunities to come closer to Allah, where one has such a magnificent
opportunity to do good deeds and earn reward, to begin the month on a
contentious note fighting over the start of the month.  I've found that
engaging in this (and sadly I've done so and one might well find this in the
archives somewhere), has left a sour taste in my mouth and doesn't get the
month off to a good start for me.

Despite when everyone starts, may everyone have a blessed, happy, safe and
fulfilling Ramadan.

Ginny

--
Visit my blog at: http://www.ginnysthoughts.com

If you want to V-Me (call me) click here:
https://v-me.vonage.com/quickgm32

If you are a Vonage customer you can set up your V-Me service by clicking
here:
https://v-me.vonage.com/