GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Amadu Pembo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 08:06:05 +0000
Love your Wife until Jannah

By getting married you are not just getting a wife; you are getting your
whole world. From now until the rest of your days your wife will be your
partner, your companion, and your best friend.

She will share your moments, your days, and your years. She will share your
joys and sorrows, your successes and failures, your dreams and your fears.
When you are ill, she will take the best care of you; when you need help,
she will do all she can for you. When you have a secret, she will keep it;
when you need advice, she will give you the best advice.

The best description that I personally have ever read describing the
closeness of the spouses to each other is the Qur'anic verse which says:
"They are your garments and you are their garments" (Surah Al Baqarah
2:187).

Indeed, spouses are like garments to each other because they provide one
another with the protection, the comfort, the cover, the support, and the
adornment that garments provide to humans. Just imagine a journey in the
winter of Alaska without garments! Our spouses provide us with the same
level of comfort, protection, cover, and support in the journey of our lives
on this earth as garments would do in the Alaskan journey.

The relationship between the spouses is the most amazing of all human
relations: the amount of love and affection, intimacy and closeness, mercy
and compassion, peace and tranquility that fills the hearts of the spouses
is simply inexplicable. The only rational explanation for these most amazing
of all human feelings is that: it is an act of Allah (s.w.t), "And Allah has
made for you Mates (and Companions of your own nature..." (Surah Al Nahl
16:72).

Only the Almighty Allah s.w.t., in His Infinite Power, Boundless Mercy, and
Great Wisdom can create and ingrain these amazing and blessed feelings in
the hearts of the spouses. In fact Allah s.w.t., is reminding those who
search for His signs in the universe that these feelings in the hearts of
the spouses are among the signs that should guide humans to His existence as
He says in the Qur'an, "And among His signs is this, that He created for you
mates from among yourselves that you may dwell in tranquility with them and
He has put love and mercy between your hearts: verily in that are signs for
those who reflect." (Surah Al Rum 30:21).

But Allah s.w.t., knows that the human heart is not a static entity, it is
sometimes weak and at times dynamic. Feelings can and do change with time.
Love may wither and fade away. The marital bond might weaken if not properly
cared for. Happiness in marriage cannot be taken for granted; continuous
happiness requires constant giving from both sides. For the tree of marital
love to remain alive and keep growing, the soil has to be sustained,
maintained, watered and nurtured.

Remember that you will be rewarded by Allah s.w.t., for any emotions you
show to your wife as the Prophet (s) said : "One would be rewarded for
anything that he does seeking the pleasure of Allah even the food that he
puts in the mouth of his wife".

Never underestimate the importance of seemingly little things as putting
food in your wife's mouth, opening the car's door for her, etc. Remember
that the Prophet (s) used to extend his knee to his wife to assist her up to
ride the camel.

Try to always find some time for both of you to pray together. Strengthening
the bond between you and Allah s.w.t., is the best guarantee that your own
marital bond would always remain strong. Having peace with Allah s.w.t.,
will always result in having more peace at home.

Remember that the Prophet (s) gave glad tidings for those couples that wake
up at night to pray together. The Prophet (s) even urged the spouse who
rises up first to wake the other spouse up even by throwing cold water on
his/her face.

Always try your best to be good to your wife by words and by deeds. Talk to
her, smile to her, seek her advice, ask for her opinion, spend quality time
with her and always remember that the Prophet (s) said: "The best of you are
those who are best to their wives"

Finally, it is common that spouses vow to love and honor their spouses until
death do them part. I do believe that this vow is good or even great, but
not enough! It is not enough that you love your wife. You have to love what
she loves as well. Her family, her loved ones must also become your loved
ones.

By Sheikh Abdullah Adhami

Provided by Tabligh Committee - Dar es Salam

http://www.irf.net/irf/download/index.htmo

Brothers and Sisters-In -Islam,

Please check out the site above.It is very useful tool for the propagation
of Islam.The link was sent to me by

Brother :-

Ibrahima K. Kejera

Project Manager/Systems Engineer

AL-JOL Information Technology

P.O.Box 86, AL-KHOBAR 31952

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
Da’wah is to convey the message with wisdom and with good words. We should
give the noble and positive message of Islam. We should try to emphasize
more commonalities and explain the difference without getting into
theological arguments and without claiming the superiority of one position
over the other. There is a great interest among the people to know about
Islam and we should do our best to give the right message.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous
Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May
Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .
We ask Allaah the Most High, the All-Powerful, to teach us that which will
benefit us, and to benefit us by that which we learn. May Allaah Subhanahu
Wa Ta'ala grant blessings and peace to our Prophet Muhammad and his family
and
companions..Amen.

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059