GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 17:23:53 +0200
Habib Ghanim, Sr <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Brother Kabir
>
> Please do not twist my words to suit your purposes . I never said We do not care about the legitimate of the funds.  Be careful with what you say . Deformation of character can lead to a libel suit .
> How can you check if anyone's money is legitimate without going through his personal  life? and how he earns and so on and so on. How would you like if you were asked for your tax returns every time you go to buy food (or donate for that matter). let's  be real.
>
> I know you have good intentions but such a misrepresentation is not acceptable under any standards. Why do you think you are the only one with conscience? and want us to believe you know everything good or bad for Africa and the human race. So the rest of us do not know anything about what is going on as implied by you . There are certain things that no-one can change especially by force and only reason would surf ice in the final analysis. Com'n stop this nonsense and grow up.
> If you want respect you must earn it first.
> Habib Diab Ghanim

Brother Habib,

Who 're you kidding?

You wrote in your reply to Saiks "If Jammeh comes he is welcome like any other worshipper  including you and I .His money  or Gambian money is not the issue".

You further said in another posting : "I declined based on that BUT I extended the invitation as the chairman of the fundraising Committee of MCC on the hopes that we will get a large donations
from him".

So go right ahead and institute a libel suit against me. You will be the laughing stock of the millennium. And where did I say that "I think am the only one with a conscience and that I want you to believe that I am the only one who knows everything good or bad for Africa and the human race. So the rest of you do not know anything about what is going on?

PLEASE go right ahead with your libel suit and you'll be met with a counter suit. I am not asking for any respect from you and it's you that needs to grow up and face reality and quit your escapist attitude!

Kabir.