GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:27:56 GMT
Kabir, Omar:

Thanks for your swift replies. This is really a very encouraging
development, and fingers crossed, Manchester United will sign him!!! I am
really happy for "Boy Kah", but I am equally happy for his parents. EK
deserves it!!!

The Manchester United manager, Alex Fergusson, has an independent mind, but
more importantly, he also reads the game well; so I have a feeling that
he'll recommend that Boy Kah be signed after the trial.

Kabir, Omar: By the way, I hope Boy Kah does have a very good agent, or is
his Dad going to be his agent? Well, if the trial goes well for him, he
would then need a very good agent who could work out a good deal for him and
his immediate family. Whatever good he and his immediate family get out of
it, they certainly deserve it.

Kabir, thanks for the information on John Carew; I didn't know who his Dad
is, although I read somewhere, that one of his parents was Gambian. And wow!
you are a "gunner" like me! Well, I believe that not only would we win the
Premiership this year, but we would also win the European Cup, as long as
Thierry Henry in particular, remains fit.

And who minds the bookies!! As usual, Manchester United are the favourites
to win the European Championship. Manchester United are 7/2 favourites, then
Lazio at 9/2, followed by Real Madrid 11/2. Arsenal are fifth favourites
with 7/1 odds to win the Championship. Well, time will tell!

Modou Mboge: Yes, I have heard of/about Cherno Samba; he was also featured
on Sky Sports TV, some time ago; and as I understand it, he has already
signed for Arsenal, although not yet registered with the first team. Anyway,
I can check that and tell you some thing definite later.

Regards,
Ebrima