GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:42:40 +0000
All, below is confirmation of Sankareh's forward that Blaise Jagne is fired
and Sidi Sanneh (Uncle/Koto Sidi to some of you) is in.  Sidi, as far as I'm
concerned was never out, just revisit his writings and you will see a
pattern.  Well, ain't that something.  Yes, it is the same Sidi that
straddled the fence while with us, always guarding his tone towards Yaya and
the APRC.  There was a reason for that calculation.  However, some of us
knew that he was up to no good.  For as decrepit as our economy is, Sidi
always manages to put a spin on it, hiding behind his senior status.  So, it
was just a matter of time and that time has come.

I know, some of the nephews and nieces will come to me swinging and that his
will be different and he has the country's interest at heart, yada, yada.
Spare your breadth, for that is an old line that has lost its value.  I hope
none come here to tell us that Uncle Sidi was doing well and is just doing
this for love of country, because that would be an insult to our collective
intelligence.  Who is next folks?  Chei Gambians!!!  Some never cease to
amaze.  While I writing, many are secretly in line right behind Uncle Sidi.
Yep, the beloved Uncle Sidi!!  Please continue.

Blaise Jagne Sacked
By PK Jarju & Ebrima Jaw Manneh
Oct 15, 2004, 10:47

Email this article
Printer friendly page

Jagne...out
President Yahya Jammeh yesterday relieved Babucarr Blaise Jagne of his
position as secretary of state for Foreign Affairs.
No explanation was given.
However, a press release issued by the Office of the President reported that
Sidi Morro Sanneh has been appointed as Blaise Jagne’s successor.

Mr Sanneh worked at the ministry of Agriculture as principal agricultural
secretary under the Rural Development Project. He has also served as project
manager, principal assistant secretary and deputy permanent secretary at the
ministries of Education and Finance respectively.

Sanneh...in
Mr Sanneh, a former divisional chief and executive director of the African
Development Bank (ADB) for The Gambia, Liberia, Ghana, Sierra Leone and
Sudan moved to the UNDP as regional coordinator at the end of his ADB term
of duty.

Blaise Jagne had earlier served as secretary of state for Foreign Affairs
before his appointment as The Gambia’s representative to the United Nations
in New York. He was recalled in 2001 to head the Foreign Affairs department
following the resignation of Dr Momodou Lamin Sedat Jobe.