GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Alieu S.K Cham" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alieu S.K Cham
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:51:31 +0200
Hi to ya Mr. Samateh!

Thanks for forwarding the article. I just could not argue better.

Mr. Lumumba:
Thanks a lot for the good piece. In line with your arguments, i do
believe that the West do not have any genuine interest in the
development of Africa,
or anywhere else, for that matter, other than the West. The West has a
history of exploiting other countries. As you rightly pointed out,
Western imperialism cooperates with the worst of dictators so far as
such cooperation serves their interest - Mobutu, Agustu Pinochet are
examples. Yes, even Saddam Hussein had been an ally of the US for much
the 80's.

It is therefore safe, in my view, to say that the "aid" given to
Africa by the West is nothing more than a tool to destroy Africa -
most especially the infant and fragile industries of the receiving
countries. In this regard you may like to read an interview given by
one Kenyan economist to the German paper 'der spiegel' (spelling may
be wrong. I'm not good with these german names) on this very topic.

See   http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,363663,00.html

Alieu S.K Cham
Oslo

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい