GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Manjang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:19:34 EDT
Dear Brother:
Thank you for your wonderful thoughts for I personally felt very disappointed
for coming across such personal attacks. Knowing most of the guys involved in
this exchange of words, I was constantly asking myself if they really know
what they are engaged in. Please tell me if this do make any sense at all.
Realizing that we all come from The tiny Gambia. These are the plain, simple
and basic facts delaying all the collective progresses we all be always
talking about. Tell me if I may be wrong. I am a person who always welcome
criticisms especially if it will help to bring something fruitful that all
will benefit from.
May I appeal to all to refrain from such acts for I think we do have a lot
more important issues to be our prime concern? With the same token, I will
commend those sharing their beautiful articles. We need to remember that it
is not only Gambians view these mails.
Fellow Gambia's, let us realize where we are from. As some have said earlier,
past experiences should teach us to work hard for a brighter future and a
better Gambia. Once again, brothers Habib, Kabir, EB jarju, Seedy Saidykhan
etc. and sisters Ndey, Ida and the rest, I am appealing to all to come forth
with some ideas on how we can form some kind of Gambian Collation within the
US to begin with whereas we can successfully put something together that will
benefit the development of that beautiful tiny Gambia. Let us remember that
in order to drive this to success, we do not bring in any politics. If we do,
it will be a waste of time.
Please let me know at any time you think my contribution is needed. Thank you
all and keep up with the good job.
God bless you all, The Gambia and the Gambian people wherever they may be.
Ousman