GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mori K. Jammeh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:20:49 -0500
Yaya,
As you are well aware the Nation is in mourning following the atrocious
massacre of our future presidents, ministers, accountants, doctors......
Upon your arrival in the Gambia, you declared a seven day national mourning
for the people who have died. Please I must hasten to tell you the
declaration in the first place is a shame on you and you government because
it was not a natural disaster but acts perpetrated by human beings which
could have been prevented.

I sincerely believe that what Gambians were expecting to hear from you were
answers not declarations.They are expecting answers to questions such as who
ordered the killings? Why were live bullets used? Should the massacre could
have been prevented? Some of your CO-conspirators have already tried to
shroud the truth from being known to the Gambian people such as your vice
president and the interior secretary but they failed to convince Gambian
people. The questions asked earlier must be answered to the Gambian people.

Following your unlawful coup in  the Gambia in July 1994, you have been
bragging to the Gambian people and the international community that not even
a chicken died in your coup as you spoke to Georgie Anne Geyer of Universal
Press Syndicate in Kansas city, MO. in the following quote "When I came to
power, it was unconstitutional means, but I had no other alternative. In my
coup, not even a chicken died.It was a bloodless coup against a dictator who
had not built a road in 30 years." Oh really?

Every Gambian now know that even the birds are dying let alone human beings.
Your credibility is all shattered and Gambians have lost confidence in you
and your government.There is nothing left but honorably resign and accept
responsibility for what has happened.Those who did the killings were hopeful
that your government will sit on the truth as you did in many other cases
that was why they did what they did. Please resign and free all political
prisoners and those students who are arrested.

Mori Kebba Jammeh
USA