GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 14:46:47 EST
lamin Pa,
I think the Gambia L-Managers are able to read your postings as well as we
all do. I certainly hope they do so.
On my suggestion of intending to try to direct the intended achieved funds
directly to the beneficiary is not an easy thing to achieve and yet it is not
an impossibility. This is because there would be some as you might have
already seen with a lot of such campaigns when only a few people mastermind
things to their own selfish interests. One has to be very careful and well
aware of those. I think if we could come up with a group of people especially
the Atlanta organizers and let them try to come with a frame that would not
only collect the funds but present it in the hands of the beneficiaries, we
would possibly be free of any political/personal high jacking of our good
intentions. I have seen where even some government officials try to come up
with proposals they read from the L and make it their own in the eyes of the
Gambians. A typical example is the "Save the Baby" program.
I am happy that the L could be a very good source of gathering ideas, but I
wish the L- could be given some credit for its varsity of good and bad ideas.
Acknowledging what one borrows is not cowardly but very noble indeed.
Anyway, enough of that. As I told you, I will be more than willing to send in
my contribution. I am sure there are very good and capable people on the
forum who knows far more better ways to achieve this than you and I. I look
forward to their contribution.
May God bless the Gambia.

Ousman Bojang.