GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:37:08 -0800
Alasana
Yes indeed I was keeping an eye on him whilst I was busy eating my first lunch at
noon on Friday.
Although we did not celebrate the Eid at our center (MCC) I did not fast because
we are obligated not to fast if someone in your continent claims to have seen the
moon and prayed . In other words we should not fast on Eid day. Fortunately this
Eid (at the end of Ramadan) is a three day celebration so either Friday, Saturday
or Sunday would be OK.

Just like the old days when the Bakau folks would never pray along with us in
Banjul, we have it the same way here in Washington except I now live in the area
where would be classified as Bakau. In DC and Va many masjids celebrated Eid but
in Silver Spring we have learnt from our Bakau friends (laugh)
Habib Diab Ghanim.