GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sigga jagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:09:09 -0800
Joe and All those who participated in the Chicago
University demonstrations, I say "Jaarama,"
"Abarakah," "Jehreyjeff."  Once again, you guys found
a way to show strength against the Jammeh regime.  I
thank you (Joe, Katim, A. Saine, etc) on all your
efforts.  Even though I was busy with bussiness
affairs etc and have not checked my "L" messages for a
couple of weeks, I was with you in spirit.  And the
freedom spirit lives on...

--- Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Many thanks to Katim, Jabou, Abdoulaye Saine, MRDNY,
> and countless others
> who were with us at Chicago State University in
> mind, body, and spirit, to
> demonstrate against Croc Jammeh.  Our methods were
> very successful at
> exposing the scoundrel even though he chickened out.
>  Myself and Mansour
> Njie were there with our Nigerian Brothers and
> Sisters and other
> sympathizers to inform the CSU students and other
> guests on the conspiracy
> behind the lecture series.  We handed out the fact
> sheet on Jammeh that was
> generated by Katim (many thanks bro.) and pictures
> of three of the surviving
> warriors of the April 10 Massacre.  Those pictures
> were effective in turning
> some of their audience away.  We were also able to
> have our voices heard by
> the news media.  We were able to sneak into the
> building with our material
> and pinned the pictures and fact sheet on the
> bulletin Board before the
> State Troupers were ordered by the Organizers to
> escort us out and not to be
> let in again.  Channel 2 aired excerpts of our
> message on their Saturday
> evening news, and I believe NPR has also aired
> excerpts of our interviews.
> Jesse Jackson also stopped by us enroute to the
> building and we reminded him
> that we will picket the lecture series anywhere they
> are held.  He heard our
> message and saw the pictures of the wickedness of
> those parasites on whom
> they chose to reward.  Folks, it is these little
> steps that would add up to
> our great victory in October.  It would be nice to
> have demonstrators in the
> thousands, but in the absence of that, a few
> individuals with fact sheets
> and pictures can also exert similar damage to a
> Tyrant.  So, Jammeh, you
> will be exposed anywhere and everywhere, whether you
> are present or not.  If
> you are invited, consider us a complement to your
> ticket.  And, no place is
> far, and no whether condition can stop us.  Again,
> thanks to all for your
> tireless and selfless dedication to the uplift of
> our nation and its people.
>   Your sacrifices are worth more than any material
> support you give.  The
> journey is long and we are faced with many
> challenges and distractions.  It
> is also fraught with disagreement and squabbling.
> But, such is the nature
> of independent minds and it's a healthy way of
> selecting the best course of
> action.  When the dust settles we will see that we
> are all in this together.
>   Always remember that I am because you are, and you
> are because I am.  Good
> evening to all and thanks for the victory.
>
> Chi Jaama
>
> Joe Sambou

> if you have problems accessing the web interface and
> [...]

=====
"NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

                       ALSO

"NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS, WHETHER ONE IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WHAT IS DESIRED"