GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:09:11 -0000
" Now to answer those who seem to think that Gambians do not value rule of
law, good governance, human rights etc. let me just say that you must be
deluding yourselves if that is what you think. There is nothing farther from
the truth and reality on the ground is there for all to see. What the
majority of Gambians living here and support Jammeh and his government are
saying is that, we have our priorities. Someone who is dirty and needs a
bath cares more for water than soap. Someone on a long journey and tired of
walking does not care whether he gets a lift from donkey cart driver, horse
cart driver or limousine driver. For one in that position, getting a lift is
more of a priority than the mode of transport. "

Mr Gassama,
    But what else in the world can anyone value more than life??

Regards
Manneh