GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 11:35:00 EDT
I would like to publicly lobby all those who are attending this year's ALD
from outside the metro DC area to make plans to be in DC on Friday afternoon.
I'd like to lay special emphasis on folks coming from NewYork, North Carolina
and Atlanta as they constitute the majority of attendees.The only opportunity
we have for staging a fundraiser for Lawyer Darboe and the UDP is the Friday
evening reception scheduled to take place from 6.30-11.00pm. The venue for
the reception has been carefully selected to enable folks to drive straight
to the event. It lies right off the 495 beltway at the Newhampshire Avenue
exit(northbound) in Silver Spring. It is the Unitarian Presbytarian Church
Hall right after you make the exit. Folks requiring further directions can
call 410-320-6771. Mr Darboe is eager to meet all of us to discuss his agenda
and together forge the way ahead. Please stretch your plans a little to
accomodate this important get together. It might mean departing earlier than
planned  but I would humbly implore you to give it a try. The auditorium is
spacious and the ambiance conducive for the kind of thoughtful exchange we
all agree we must have in our quest to chart a better future. I look forward
to seeing as many of you as possible. Please talk to your friends and
neighbors intending to make the trip to similarly try to be in DC by Friday
afternoon. We would need as many people as possible to make the event
successful.
Thanks
Karamba