GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:58:12 EST
Musa,
    With all due respect, I'm not holding Halifa responsible for Jammeh's
failings. Would it change anything if I inform you that I voted PDOIS in
1996/7 elections? And I will vote PDOIS come 2001? It is preposterous and
cobblers for some members to insinuate from our debate with Halifa that we
are razing his integrity to the ground. Halifa is a public official and I do
vote for them which makes it a civic duty for me to subject his role to a
forensic scrutiny especially where I believe he has gone amiss.
Most of these rubbles being peddled against us is by those who don't read our
postings with equanimity but harrumphs with codswallop whenever Halifa posts
anything about our motives. Why do you liken/equate subjecting Halifa to a
scrutiny with being sympathetic with the old order/ancien regime? This is
mind boggling rubbish. The fact that Halifa that is willing to engage us is a
pointer towards the necessity of our exercise to clear the foggy. Need I
impute here how the foggy contributes to misconceptions, prejudices,
stereotypes and unjustified sentiments about events, personalities and the
roles they play.
    Have you inferred in any of my postings my nostalgia for the old order
and what it represents? Have you inferred any Stalinist rewrites of History
by trying to exonerate the misdeeds of Jawara and his cohorts?  Do you really
want to know my opinions on part-time politicians like Darboe and those who
regard politics as a trade like Juwara? I don't give a tosh about these
people. Next time you harry me get that. You better start reading with an
open mind.
    Cordially,
Hamjatta Kanteh

hkanteh