GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 12:36:16 -0000
Saihou,

If I were you, I will be re-thinking my possition within the UDP rather than
engaging in fruitless debates about things you know little about. Have you
ever bothered to find out why your party, knowing full well in advance that,
they will not make it to the schedulled New York meeting, and that you were
already in New York, did not believe that you were up to the job of
representing them?

A few weeks ago you started giving a report about Baba Jobe's travel ban,
quoting from, what is certainly a UN report, that you did not acknowledge,
promising to give us more detail, now only to coveniently lay it to rest. Is
it because you don't have any  facts to say on the issue? So far, you've
said nothing.

Wouldn't your time been better spent selling your party's agenda, if any, to
your supporters and those sitting on the fence considering the fact that
they are frantically raising funds for the opposition? Or is it a case of
your party not having any agenda or you not being aware of it? Many people
have reluctantly parted away with their hard earned cash to provide funds
for a unified opposition, of which your party is the biggest, and yet it is
still to state its possition  and modalities of such an alliance. Atleast
PDOIS has stated its possition quite clearly while your party is still
leaving its supporters in limbo. Does that say much about your party? Don't
you believe your supporters on the L when they say that they can and would
do much more to help your party financially if only they knew your agenda?
Don't you think these are pertinent issues you should have taken up with
your party long ago to give your supporters more encouragement?

In conclusion, I would seriously advise you to re-think your possition
within the UDP and be honest enough to advise those who are supporting you.
It will be real confusing when decree 89 is repealled and the NCP, PPP and
GPP are resurrected and OJ forms a new party of its own. With the opposition
filling in four or five presidential candidates with no agenda except
defeating Yahya Jammeh and Jammeh delivering on his promise about roads,
schools, clinics and hospitals he is building, what chance does Ousianou
Darbo have? With Yahya delivering on his promise to electrify the whole
country, increasing vital agricultural inputs and arranging for the
marketing of our agricultural products, what are you and by extension your
party doing to convince even the educated and informed ones in the diaspora
that you are a party worth supporting? Get your priorities right rather than
engaging in fruitless hulla ballooo!

Have a good day and bye 4Now, KB Jobe.