GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:43:42 -0500
Bamba Laye:
My exact sentiments! I applaud Lamin Juwara for his stance.  All the
exiles need to come home and contest the forthcoming elections if "nafa"
Saho's candidature is confirmed by the APRC.

Yahya Jammeh can not have it both ways, maintaining the ban on those
politicians who are certain to send him packing, on one hand, and those
he uses to further his political goals. Under free and fair elections,
Yahya Jammeh does not stand a chance against the UDP or former PPP
politicians and he knows that.

If Yahya Jammeh/ "Alieu Kieta" wishes to debate the issues, this is what
he should be discussing and debating not personalities.  He has a lot to
answer for.

Abdoulaye