GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
george sarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:29:51 -0400
 Gassa,
   I hate to burst yours chops again, or sound unorthodox(out of character
per se) but you are simply a pathological liar.  Your dishonesty vis-a-vis
the reality in The Gambia is absolutely mind-boggling. Being a fervid
crusader of deception and a condescending praise-singer shouldn't give you
the luxury to ostentatiously ridicule the pain and agony gambians have
been subjected to. Such mockery should NOT be be tolerated under any
circumstances.

You are darn right things ain't "all roses". You remind us daily how your
illegal government should be reckoned with for building all those
incomplete schools. Your very own Finance Minister Famara Jatta,however,
tells you Gambians are getting POORER under your government's very own
watch. You said that is impossible! "Gambians are making giant strides"
blah blah blah. Picture the folowing re-enactment:

[The poor farmer unfortunately fell for your shenanigans and tells you,
 "This is great Gassa. I guess I can now send my boys and girls to those
wonderful state-of-the-art schools ".  Time goes by and all of a sudden
the poor farmer realizes he STILL can't cash out his promisory notes. It's been a year since the last year's harvest and poor farmer hasn't seen a
butut. Your great government on the other hand tells him to" hang in
there". Meanwhile his boys and girls are studying hard and excelling at
school. Gassa said," this is working, let's go build more schools. The
poor farmer couldn't be any happier, here comes  the mail man dishing out
what looks like a check in the mail. He opens the mail and guess what? It
was a government survey asking him if he wants "internet access"? Things
just couldn't get any worst for this poor farmer. His boys and girls
returned home with another sad news. They've been told by their schools
superintendent they can't take there final exams if payments are not
received the following monday(mind you these students also bring their own
desks and chairs otherwise it gets added to their tuition).  At the end of
the day, these families are left out hung to dry,  and all Gassa and his
government can tell them is to hang in there. Their favorite excuse is
"The boys are trying". Yuk!

Folks, I hate to portray anything as dramatic and thought provoking as
this scenerio but the grim reality evinced by such scenerio is not far-
fetched. It just gets worst when the perpetrators are telling them that
despite everything that happens to them, other gambians are making "giant
strides", and these poor farmers are just the unlucky few. Where is Gassa's
bleeding heart for these people? The fact of the matter is Gassa could care
less for these people. Gassa why do you hate the poor people so much? Why?

" Yaangi fen-a-fen be Yabi . - Mel ni xobi warga bu saali. - Fu ngalaw
fouf nga jublu .- Xoolal mala , Ngai yoloos yoloosi. - Melni bukki bu
rus. - Nooma xoleh ëlëk? - Tekat, Tan tane nala. - Ngir moon lu dee la
lekka. - Wai yow yangmaa lekka, Te dee yanguma. - Hanaa Xamuloone fii „be
faw“ amatufi. - Xew xewi rek mo fi sah. - Bon ndook bul melni purux. Nyam
bi nga ne feef, Ci suma loxo la jaar . - Nganaan ñun nga buga selmal .- Te
xamuloo ne fii jantabi feñ na fi. Wai bu bor setey, Ku rus ñaw . Yalna sa
adina baña seda .-Be nga gis lorangeh gi nga warral."
                          --Met'it by Alpha Robinson