GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ylva Hernlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 08:47:19 -0700
When returning to the Gambia from the Canary Islands in 1997, I witnessed
a similar incident: two young Gambians violently resisiting deportation
after being found to carry fake passports to get into Spain. The plane was
delayed for over a day while the Spanish National Guard was called from
Madrid to overpower the men.