GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 20:22:30 EST
Baloney! I have never heard this kind of absurd rationalization on this list.
If you ever wondered why our festering national problems keep getting worse,
look no further than the kind of prattle that Jassey -Conteh is presenting as
a serious document. It is one thing for sycophants who are to some extent
invested in this murderous regime to be filling our mail boxes with fleeting
and nonsensical diatribes, but quite another to have a self described critic
of that same regime to summarily discard all of the vicious crimes of the
Jammeh regime and attempt to feed us with a canard clumsily packaged as a
courageous decision. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what
political route Mr Dibba or Mr Conteh choose because they bring no additional
intrinsic value to the overall political process. In a strange way the
attitudes manifested by both tells me they are right at home with the Jammeh
crowd. What we are witnessing from these people is a rather base attempt at
mollification because jumping into bed with a creul regime that has murdered
innocent Gambians is not easy even for folks who may be morally bankrupt but
still profess to be religious adherents. Therein lies all the silly attempts
at describing the pending marriage with the devil as being be driven by the
quest for 'national development.' None of them gives a hoot about that
country, and they will posture, scheme and obfuscate to secure a place in
this wicked regime even if Yahya Jammeh lines up his innocent victims at
Mccarthy Square and slaughters them. In that case we can count on Mr Dibba to
say he only went along with the massacre because raising any objection would
have meant even more death. If you think this scenario is far-fetched, Mr
Dibba was quoted as telling the family of a prominent deceased supporter of
his in Nuimi during the past elections that he did not come to his funeral
prior to the lifting of the ban because he felt the government would perceive
a condolence visit as threatening national security! The man is an utter
disgrace. No amount of rationalization can obscure that.
Karamba