GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:20:32 GMT
Mr Silla,

I red the story early this morning. Though it's not yet confirmed, I won't
be surprised if Bedie is gone for good. I'm yet to meet a single Ivorian who
likes Bedie. He's been persecuting Alasana Outtara since taking over from
his father (yes Ivorians belief he is the product of an illicit affair
Houphet had with some woman.) He has manipulated the constitution to suit
him, and of late, has been jailing anyone who dares criticize him including
all the prominent opposition figures. It's just another example to all
Dictators who lust after power by persecuting anyone who disagrees with them
that the serpent you use against your "enemies" could turn on you any time.
But then, we don't learn anything from history. Do we?

Saul.