GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ams Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:51:25 EST
In a message dated 1/17/2005 10:22:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

PaSamba,  this is a follow up to see what you guys have decided regarding the
venue  for the proposed February protest march.  As I and others  have
expressed on Gambiatalk, DC will be a better location for the  following
brief reasons

Folks, couples of guys had been tossing the idea of changing the venue of
the February 18, 2005, [Gambia's Independence Day] demonstration slated for NY,
to Washington, DC. We did tossed this suggestion around the DC and NY guys
and  the majority opinion is to keep the date and venue in NY, as not only have
the fliers been circulating around for weeks now, but also, the fact that
both  permits for the March and Park were secured from NYC Police  and Parks
Department.
The DC folks are planning on renting vans [depends on head count] for that
day, leaving DC in the a.m. and returning in the p.m.
Those driving or flying in from far away states, please let us know ahead  of
time, to make lodging or transportation accommodations.
We have a meeting in NY this coming Sunday and one of many suggesting  slated
to be discussed is to kickoff a fundraising event for NADD, day after the
demonstration.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい