GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bakary Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:48:54 +0000
Dear Gassa,
Thanks for setting free your conscience enabling you to express what is the
truth and nothing but the truth. Let us hope that the jet or jets? were only
borrowed from Ghaddafi or Fidel Castro just for show but not intended to
intimidate the opposition into submission to the no-opposition aspirations
of Yahya Jammeh. If that is the motive, sadly, it won't work because there
can be no military solution to the problems facing the country. This was the
only rationale why the youths of Farafenni refused to take up arms against
their compatriots when a handful of insurrectionists took over the Farafenni
military barracks a few years ago. Had the youths of Faracity joined the
fray as the assailants expected, the Gambia would been plunged into civil
warfare. About the the military jet(s, even if they were offered as a gift
to the Gambia, President Jammeh should have in their stead opted for poverty
alleviation technologies like tractors, milling machines, trawlers, power
generators etc, etc. On the other hand, it would be another gross insult to
Gambians were it that taxpayers monies were used to purchase such
unproductive military hardware appropriate for dumping only.
Through whatever means, the jet(s) was/were attained, Gambians don't need
them and should consequently be returned to whereever they come from.
Justice, clean water, rice, bread and sustainable development are what
Gambians need not guns, bombs, jets, torturers, or killers.

Thanks for your courage to break free, even for once and KEEP IT UP but be
ready to pay the price.

The yoke of oppression must be shattered!

BMK