GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 06:33:03 EDT
Gambia-L UK Subscribers,
    fellow UK residents it has come to my attention late yesterday that word
is flying around that the demo date has been changed from 25 April to the 2nd
of May. Could Ndembos, Dave Manneh, Ziz or any other player for that matter
confirm this. May be the Jammeh disinformation service is already in our
midst!
    during meetings I've had with Berkshire Gambians, I 've already informed
them of the 25th. April date and many of the discussions on the Internet and
the universal uprising against the Jammeh Fascism. it is prudent that we have
definite plans in store by Wednesday if we are gonna have the demo on the
25th of April so the word can reach all corners of the disparate Gambian
community. also those i have managed to reach, have shown their desire to
contribute both in cash and kind and are looking forward to contribute
whatever they can towards the funds being collected for Jammeh's victims. so
it is about time we arrange or finally iron out the remaining wrinkles that
are left with the bank account issue.
    also Dave Manneh there is a bloke living in the outskirts of the
Portsmouth area who so dearly would love to be in touch with the rest of the
Portsmouth students/community. please any suggestions would help. and could
we hear both you and Ndembos' updates cos I'm made to understand that there
has been a big meeting in London yesterday.
Fellow UK subscribers lets pass the word and strike whilst the iron is still
hot. The decency and sense of belonging that our forebears worked so hard for
in the Gambia is being insidiously supplanted by a very vicious form of
Fascism. Fascism must be uprooted and not appeased!
Good Morning
Hamjatta Kanteh

hkanteh