GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jutta Webers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:11:31 +0100
Hello everybody !

First of all I like to introduce myself:
My name is Jutta Webers. I am German and til nearly two years I am a member
of the Gambia-L.
Til now I was only a passive member and I like to say a big "Thank you" to
all for keeping me
informed about all news regarding my second homeland The Gambia.

Why come I out now ?
I have heard of the contract termination between the government and the
hotels regarding the police
presence around in the hotel areas especially the beach surrounding. Is it
true ?
Also I received the information, that all civil police officer had lost
their jobs. The uniformed one will
be brought into other areas. I don`t know how many people were concernd.
Did anybody else heard about this terrible decision and what will be the
consequences ?
In first line - for the dismissed police officers and in second line for
the tourism ?
Will the bumster problem grow up in a terrible way ?

I am looking forward to your opinion. Maybe - I hope it so much - this
information is simply not correct ?!

Bye
  Jutta