GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"James Gomez Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 15:49:16 +0100
Mr. Gabriel Roberts is very dedicated in registering Gambians abroad to vote in the upcoming October elections. I talked with him last night about this issue and also invited him to come to Washington, DC to participate in the ALD symposium. Unfortunately, he will not make the ALD because he will be conducting the voter registration exercise, which is scheduled for May 21 to June 30, 2001.

I also talked with him on the possibility of coming to Washington, DC after completing the registration exercise in Gambia to discuss the process for Gambian abroad and also address any issues of concern. He seems to be interested and asked that I follow up with him.

ALD
Everything is on schedule. Lawyer Ousainou Dardoe has confirmed and we are still waiting to hear from the APRC, NRP, and PDOIS. I will keep you posted on the ALD and the possibility of Mr. Roberts visit to Washington, DC. I look forward to seeing most of you during the ALD celebrations.

Take care,

James, Jr.